This document outlines:
This article explains how you will be billed for your nbn™ Satellite service, installation costs and the fees you will have to pay if you decide to terminate your service early.
How am I billed?
Customers are billed monthly. The first month will have a pro-rata amount for the initial month. There will be no extra charge if you have exceeded your plan data allowance.
- New billing period starts on the 1st of each month and ends on the last day of each month.
- Payment is in advance.
- Invoices are payable 21 days from the date of issue.
- Payment is late on the 22nd day and charges, restrictions apply thereafter.
If an invoice is not paid on time:
- for invoices twenty-one (21) days overdue, the Customer’s connection to the Satellite Internet Service will be shaped to 128kbps/128kbps;
- for invoices twenty-eight (28) days overdue, the Customer’s connection to the Satellite Internet Service will be suspended (and a fee will be payable to unsuspend the Service); and
- for invoices thirty-five (35) days overdue, the Customer’s connection to the Satellite Internet Service will be terminated.
How much does installation cost?
A standard installation of the service is free, so you have nothing to pay.
Is there an early termination charge?
If you choose a 12 month or 24 month term and wish to terminate the service before the minimum period an early termination fee will apply as follows:
- $100 if you have less than 12-months left on the contract
- $150 if you have more than 12 months left on the contract.
If you sign up for an ongoing 30-day contract, there will be no early termination charges as long as you give us a written notice 30 days in advance of the commencement of the next billing date.
Can I change my data plan?
We understand that your data needs may change; that’s why we allow our customers to change their plans. Plans changes requested will take effect from the first day of the NEXT billing month. Other than your monthly access charges that apply to your plan, we do NOT impose a charge to change your plans.
Can I change my speed option?
You can change your speed. These charges apply to speed upgrade and downgrade requests. They can only be requested before the end of the current billing month and will take effect from the first day in the next billing period.
Are there any late payment fees?
If an invoice is not paid on time within the time required by the Agreement and the late payment fee of $5.50 will apply.
Am I charged if my service is suspended for non payment?
These charges apply where we suspend your service for non-payment. The charge of $16.50 is incurred upon us suspending the service
Do I need to pay for a technician if I have a fault with my service?
Where a technician is required to attend a customer’s premises and there is no fault with the IPSTAR used infrastructure (or that of our network providers), then a tech call out fee from $100 will be applicable. In cases where a call out is due to standard installation/set up, then no charge is payable.