This document outlines:
This article outlines the steps you need to follow to connect your new Cisco SPA122 ATA to an IPSTAR service.
- Turn off your IPSTAR modem and wireless router if you are using one.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable that goes from the modem to the computer or if you are using a wireless router this cable will go from the modem to the back of the router.
- Plug the Ethernet cable from Step 2 into the blue port on the back of the ATA that is labeled. “ Internet.”
- Take the Ethernet cable that came with the ATA and plug it into the yellow port on the back of the ATA that is labeled. “Ethernet.”
- Take the other end of the Ethernet cable used in Step 4 and plug it into the back of your computer or if you are using a wireless router plug it into the port on the router that is labeled, “modem/internet/WAN.”
- Turn the devices back on one at a time. starting with the modem and then the ATA. If you are using a wireless router turn it on last. Wait for each one to power up and all the lights to come on before moving into the next device.