This document outlines:
This article outlines the steps you need to follow to set up IPSTAR mail on Thunderbird.
- Open Thunderbird.
- If this is the first time you have opened Thunderbird, you will see a pop-up message asking you to create a new email address. If this is the case, please skip to Step 4. If not you will need to click on, “Tools:, and select, “Account Settings.”
- In the account settings you will need to click, “Account Actions”, in the bottom left corner then, “Add Mail Account.” Now move to Step 5.
- You will now be asked if you wish to create a new email address or use one you already have. Select, “Skip this and use existing email.”
- You will be asked to enter your name, email address and password. After entering the details, click, “Continue.”
- The system will automatically try to setup the email account for you now using IMAP. However it will fail to do this, and ask you to enter details for the incoming and outgoing server. You will need to change the following as shown in the image below.
- Set Incoming server type to POP
- Set server host name to mail.ipstarmail.com.au
- Set Port numbers to 110 for POP server and 25 for SMTP server
- Set SSL to, “None”, for both incoming and outgoing server
- Use your normal password for authentication for both incoming and outgoing servers.
After you have changed these click on “Re-test.”It will then test to ensure that the settings are correct. Once the test is successful click on, “Done.”
- Some customers have reported that a warning box may show up at this point if it does tick the, “I understand the risks”, box and click, Done” and your IPSTAR email is now set up in Thunderbird.