IPSTAR Australia Pty Limited
Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) waiver
(Residential Use Only)
Version 3.0 – March 2018
By submitting you acknowledge that:
- You have applied for a Voice service from IPSTAR Broadband and agreed to commit to the contract length chosen above.
- You have read and agreed to the IPSTAR home phone service agreement located at www.ipstaraustralia.com/voice (update with SFOA link)
- Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) Waiver
In accordance with Part 5 Telecommunication (Customer Protection and Service Standard) Act 1999 (Cth) [The Act], and the Telecommunications (Customer Service Guarantee) Standard 2011 (No. 2) [CSG], IPSTAR proposes that you waive your protection and rights in full for your Voice Service. As a customer, you are not obliged to waive your protection or rights in full, however in certain circumstances you acknowledge that IPSTAR reserves its right not to provide you with a service.
The Protection and Rights you are waiving include:
- Damages for breach of performance standards, as per section 116 of the Act.
- Time for payment of damages for breach of performance standards, as per section 117A of the Act.
- Right of Contribution, as per section 118A of the Act.
- Guaranteed maximum connection periods, as per the CSG.
- Guaranteed maximum rectification period, as per the CSG.
- Information to be given to Customers, as per the CSG.
- Making and Changing Appointments, as per the CSG.
As an example of the above compensation, compensation for a missed appointment starts from $14.52 per day and compensation for an unrepaired fault ranges from $14.52 to $48.40 per day.
Full detail of the above compensation can be found within the ACMA website at http://www.acma.gov.au
By waiving your rights you agree that you are not able to make a claim to us for compensation, where the performance standards are not met.
This waiver will take effect seven days from the date of purchase of the IPSTAR Voice service, unless you notify IPSTAR of your intent not to be bound by this waiver within the given timeframe. Should you choose to notify IPSTAR of your intent to rescind this agreement, IPSTAR reserves the right not to provide you with a service.
For any further questions in regards to this waiver please contact IPSTAR Broadband by phone on 132 800 or in writing to 5 George Place Artarmon NSW 2064.