The primary purpose for which IPSTAR is collecting your personal information is to provide better information about our services, product offers and to manage your dealings with us. By entering your details on the website ipstarbroadband.com.au you agree that we may use your information to provide you with services and communications related to the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which IPSTAR Australia collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to identify what services IPSTAR can provide at your address;
- to add your address to our mailing database;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our
- website and mobile site or other services;
- managing your dealings with us as an IPSTAR customer;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies providing services on behalf of IPSTAR to promote their products and services to you;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised use of IPSTAR services;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verify your identity; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
IPSTAR Australia may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
IPSTAR Australia employees and agencies providing services on our behalf are required, as a condition of their employment or service contract, to treat personal information held by IPSTAR as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing IPSTAR Australia systems.
Some recipients to whom we disclose your personal information may be based overseas, such as our service providers including web development, mail-house and support service providers.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding IPSTAR Australia’s collection of your personal information, please contact us at: [email protected]