nbn™ Fixed Wireless is a new broadband technology that offers a faster and more reliable internet connection to regional and rural Australia.
If you live out of town and can’t get a dedicated internet service at your premises, Fixed Wireless may be the right solution for you. To get connected, a small antenna is installed on your premises and this picks up a signal from a wireless tower that allows you to access to the internet. Because data is transmitted by radio signals ‘line of sight’ from the tower to your equipment is essential.
Things you should know
- Total minimum cost over contract term calculated as (monthly access fee X contract term) + set up fee + router cost. Min cost for a no contract plan is $229. Min cost for a 12 month contract plan is $530. Min cost for a 24 month contract is $915.
- For 12/24 month contracted customers your free month will be the first month and for 24 month contracts also the 13th month.
- Set up costs are; 1 month $99 12/24 month $50
- You will be required to buy a router from Ipstar to enable ongoing support
- No excess data usage charge applies. For the period in which usage quota has been exceeded,
speed will be shaped to 256/256 Kbps
- Broadband speed specified above might vary due to several factors such as location, weather and other technical limitations.
- You may be charged an additional one-time $300 nbn™ “New Development Charge” if your premises is identified by nbn™ as being a location in a new development. If this applies, we will contact you first.
Want to Learn More About nbn™ Fixed wireless service?
nbn™ Fixed Wireless is a new broadband technology offering a faster and more reliable internet connection compared to what is currently available in most regional areas.
A small antenna is installed on your premises. This picks up the signal from a wireless tower, allowing you access to the internet. With up to 25Mbps, the speed is much faster than standard ADSL internet services available in metro areas.
nbn™ Fixed Wireless network allows access to Australia’s new broadband infrastructure in rural areas where the nbn™ Fixed Line connection is unavailable because of geographical limitations. Delivered using the latest generation 4G technology, nbn™ Fixed Wireless service starts at speeds of up to 12 megabits per second. It is faster and more stable than current mobile wireless services. If you’re in a remote area and are looking for the speed and convenience of nbn™ broadband technology, this service is just what you may have been looking for.
To get started type your address in to see what service is available at your location. All you’ll need to do is pick your preferred internet plan and give one of our friendly experts a call on 132 800.
If it turns out you need a technician to visit and install some equipment, don’t worry – we’ll help organise this for you.
Once we have received your order it can take between 2 – 8 weeks for the service to be installed depending on your location. As soon as we have received your application, if required, we will arrange for an installation agent to get in touch and arrange an appointment to install the new equipment at your premises. Once the equipment has been installed we will activate your service.