How do I power cycle (reboot) my Modem/Router?June 27, 2018
There are many reasons that you may have to reboot your modem. If you have experienced any of the below then it may be a good idea to reboot to restore your service to its original state:
- If there has been an nbn outage
- Experiencing a slow Internet connection
- Internet browser is taking a long time to go from one page to another
By rebooting your modem/router it will force a re-establishment of your internet connection. Sometimes you may need to do the below multiple times, especially through an outage
To power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, please follow these steps:
- Turn off both nbn modem and wireless router for 5 minutes.
- Turn on nbn modem and wait 5 minutes, the light should remain orange.
- Make sure the wireless router is plugged into port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem.
- Turn on the wireless router and wait a few minutes and the nbn modem light should turn blue.
- Test the connection.
If the above doesn’t work, then you will most likely need to factory reset the wireless router like many other customers who were affected. This is done by:
- Keep the wireless router powered on.
- Locate the RESET button at the back of the wireless router.
- Hold the RESET button for 10 to 15 seconds, the lights at the front should start blinking, this is when you can let go.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the router to boot up again and try the connection.
Doing a factory reset will default your router to standard settings that should work with the way that we have configured the nbn device. If you have configured your router since you first added it to the network, (and assuming that is not the problem) you will need to note that configuration and add it back to the router after the factory reset.
nbn Modem Bootup Sequence Order
- White light 10 – 30 seconds
- Orange light 10 – 20 seconds
- White light 10 – 20 seconds
- Flashing white light 20 – 80 seconds
- Blue – 5 seconds or solid if you have a powered on device plugged into Port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem
- Orange – Remains orange until a powered on device is plugged into Port UNI-D1 on the nbn modem.