The National Broadband Network is a nationwide project by the Australian federal government in order to provide reliable, fast and continuous Internet connection to customers in cities and urban areas. For the past few years, construction, upgrades and other processes have been underway in order to make residences ready for the rollout of different NBN plans.
NBN uses satellite signals that travel to a transmission tower, which then sends signals either through fibre optic wiring (fixed wired), or through smaller signal towers that transfer signals through the air (fixed wireless). If you want to have NBN plans compared, then these two are probably the most common choices.
How do I become eligible for NBN fixed wired?
Fixed wired, otherwise known as fixed line connections, are provided for residences that are in urban locations and cities across the country. This means if your home is in a remote location or area, then chances are you won’t get NBN satellite plans for fixed wired.
Here are some of the characteristics of the best NBN deals in fixed wired:
- Capable of transmitting data over long distances without losing as much signal quality compared to the old copper wires.
- The new fibre optic wiring system is resistant to external factors such as noise.
- Fibre optics, which are used in fixed wired, can support a higher bandwidth, or the amount of data it can transmit over a period of time. This just means even if there are multiple users that are online and using the NBN connection, there won’t be any loss of signal, lag, or reduced speed.
Meanwhile, there is also the fixed wireless connection which is a slightly cheaper NBN cost option. Here are its different characteristics:
- Fixed wireless uses radio signals that have speeds of up to 25/5mbps.
- Line of sight from the residence to the transmission tower is important so signals can be transferred without any obstructions.
- Some NBN Internet providers even offer a telephone connection alongside the package.
As you can see clearly, a fixed wired connection is much better in terms of reliability, speed and level of equipment to be used. It uses advanced technology compared to the fixed wireless option. However, the decision on who gets which type of NBN plan lies on the government, depending on the location.
If you are looking for more information about NBN deals, one of the most trusted providers is IPSTAR Broadband. With their experience and excellence in the field, you can be sure you will be in good hands. Call our office on 132 800, or fill out this short form.